Cochin is a small city situated on the south-west coast of the India. It is located in the breathtaking, scenic and prosperous state of Kerala. Cochin is known as the commercial and industrial capital of Kerala. The main attraction in Cochin is its serene backwaters, beautiful lagoons fringed by coconut palms and picturesque islands which brings many tourist’s every year. The older part of Fort Cochin has a fusion of medieval Portugal Image. Cochin is one of India's largest seaports and a major naval base port and international airport that link major cities worldwide. Cochin is the ideal spot and the starting point for exploring the beauty of Kerala.
Tourist Attractions in Cochin:
- St. Francis Church: It was built in 1503.The church contains the tombstone of Vasco-da-Gama and it has been the architectural model of numerous churches in India.
- Dutch Palace: This palace is a unique blend beautiful architectural patterns and its mural paintings. There are three temples inside the palace, each devoted to lord Krishna, Lord Shiva and Pazhayannur Bhagavati- the protective deity of the Royal family of Kochi.
- Bolghatty Palace: This palace in the scenic island was established by the Dutch in 1744. Presently, the palace has been transformed into Kerala Tourism Development Corporation hotel.
- Santa Cruz Basilica: Established in 1558, this church in Kochi is famous for the beautiful paintings on the ceiling.
- Pareekshith Thampuran Museum: It was previously called as Durbar Hall, this museum house has a collections of old coins, paintings and sculptures.
- Hill Palace Museum: It was actually the residence of the Kochi Royal family. It is surrounded by 52 acres of terraced land with a Deer Park. It is the first heritage museum in Kerala.
- Cherai Beach: Cochin is abounding by beaches and the beauty of Cherai Beach surpasses of all. It has swimming facility. It also has occasional sights of dolphins which is an added attraction.
Things to do in Cochin
Trident Holidays present an opportunity for a perfect family holiday. A range of activities which include special performances, recreational facilities and the exclusive Kids Club ensure a memorable getaway from the daily grind. The hotels combine beautiful locations with contemporary facilities and warm and caring service.
Best Time to Visit
October to April
Distance from Cochin to nearby cities/places:
Kottayam - 63KM&
Kannur - 317KM
Malampuzha - 153KM
Sabarimala - 211KM
Kodaikanal - 330KM
Mangalore - 439KM
Salem - 358KM
Thekkady - 190KM
Coimbatore - 193KM
Kollam - 150KM
Thiruvananthapuram - 221KM
How to Reach
By Air: Cochin is well connected to other cities by Air. Cochin International Airport (CIAL) is located at Nedumbassery, which is about 25 km north of Cochin city, and handles both domestic and international flights.
By Road: Kochi is well connected to neighboring cities and states via several highways. It is a node in the North-South Corridor of the National Highway system.